At CEATS Competitions it is our aim to deliver high quality learning experiences which will enable contestants to develop skills and attributes to achieve and sustain positive destinations beyond school:
• To provide a view of mathematics as a living, growing, creative human endeavor that classifies as both a science and an art, to give you a feeling for, and some mastery of the mathematical way of thinking, and to be aware of some of the many applications of mathematics in today’s world.
• To develop curiosity and understanding of the environment and our place in the living, material and physical world.
• To demonstrate a secure knowledge and understanding of the big ideas and concepts of the sciences.
• To develop the skills of scientific inquiry and investigation using practical techniques.
• To develop skills in the accurate use of scientific language, formulae and equations.
• To apply safety measures and take necessary actions to control risk and hazards.
• To recognize the impact the sciences make on our life, the lives of others, the environment and on society.
• To recognise the role of creativity and inventiveness in the development of the sciences.
• To develop an understanding of the Earth’s resources and the need for responsible use of them.
• To express opinions and make decisions on social, moral, ethical, economic and environmental issues based upon sound understanding.
• To develop as a scientifically‐literate citizen with a lifelong interest in the sciences.